Dr S. C. Dash
Principal, TATA College
Dr S. C. Dash has served both Kolhan University, Chaibasa and Tata College, Chaibasa for a long period. He has been in top administrative positions in Kolhan University including Registrar, Controller of Examinations, RUSA Nodal Officer and Head of the University Department of Odia. As Principal (In-charge), he succeeded Prof. K Boipai on 1st January 2020.
- Residential Address: Tata College Campus, Chaibasa, West Singhbhum, Jharkhand, India, 833202
- Official Address: Office of the Principal, Arts Block, Tata College, Chaibasa, West Singhbhum, Jharkhand, India, 833202
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +919661874507
- Deputy Controller of Examination, Tata College, Chaibasa (2003 – 2008)
- Controller of Examination, Kolhan University, Chaibasa (7/10/2009 to 14/2/2011)
- Registrar, Kolhan University, Chaibasa (17/9/2014 to 29/6/2017)
- RUSA Nodal Officer, Kolhan University, Chaibasa (19/2/2018 to Dec 2019)
- Head, University Department of Odia, Kolhan University, Chaibasa From 24/8/2020-
- Principal (In-Charge), Tata College, Chaibasa From 1/1/2020 to present
- Chairman, DRC, University Department of Odia, Kolhan University, Chaibasa
- Chairman, Board of Studies, University Department of Odia, Kolhan University, Chaibasa
- Member, PGRC, Faculty of Humanities, Kolhan University, Chaibasa
- Member, Senate, Kolhan University, Chaibasa
Academic and Research Experiences
- Teaching Experiences:
- 24+ years experience in teaching UG
- 24+ years experience in teaching PG
- Researches: M.Phil, Ph.D and MRP
- Supervision: Two scholar under his supervision awarded with Ph.D, three are undertaking research for the award of Ph.D.
- Books Authored: 03
- Chapters in Books: 04
- Papers: 10
- Organized: 05
- Invited as Resource Person: 01
- Project Works: One UGC funded MRP
- Area of Interest:
- Modern Literature
Message from the Principal
TATA College, Chaibasa was established in 1954 with a mission to impart higher education among the students of the locality mostly from Tribal communities. Since inception, this college has been entrusted with the responsibilities, a lot more than just educating students. We, here at Tata College, strive hard every day to imbibe values and determination of being ambitious, confident, disciplined, intuitive, inquisitive, hard working and successful.
It is matter of immense pleasure that the college was granted B+ grade in accreditation by NAAC in the first cycle in October 2017. Now, we are looking forward for 2nd cycle of NAAC accreditation. The College has been designated as the only “Premier College” of West Singhbhum region by the Higher Technical and Skill Development Department, Government of Jharkhand, India.
All the regular and vocational departments of college are doing well. To impart Job-oriented education, we have collaborated with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for EXCEL Programme. Our students have also earned laurels for college in academics as well as sports activities. This college is like a beautiful garden in which students from different economic, social, cultural, religious and lingual background get equal opportunity both in curricular and extracurricular aspects.
Education is about understanding the possibilities that the world has to offer. Our aim is to give our students the set of wings that help them to fly away to a new horizon, into a new world. College helps in opening the mind of young students to the world of possibilities, being successful in life is about understanding the possibility that students can create by themselves. I wish each student a successful and bright future.